Saturday, July 21, 2007

Meta Writing

In the computer world, data about other data is called "metadata". For instance a weather instrument records how much rain falls, the temperature variations, and the wind speed throughout the day. That's the "data". It also attaches information such as the time of day for each recording, the date, and the geographic location of the recordings. That's data about the data, or "metadata".

My intention with this blog has been to talk about the writing process and document my first major attempt at fiction. I got to thinking about that this past week, and realized that my blog was really writing about writing - that is, "metawriting". I thought that that was such a good name for the blog that I decided to change it.

Unfortunately "metawriting.blogspot.com" was already taken, so I've set up a new blog at WordPress: http://metawriting.wordpress.com. See you there!

No comments: